Sunday, November 16, 2008

Observations -- just in general -- by Jackie

These are in no particular order. Just stuff that has occured to me...

I have discovered that I love solid wood shuttered windows.


Finding that Rick Steves' book about France is very good. So far everything he has mentioned is "spot on". Will let you know how his Italy book fares.

I know why French women always look pissed off. I always thought it was because of us Americans. Now I realize it's because of their shoes. OMG!!! Really? High heel, pointy toed, Elimira Gulch shoes on cobble stoned streets and you're 40? 50? even 60+ years old. I should have become a podiatrist in France. YIKES.

I may have gone away on vacation to "get away from it all", but damn if my menopause didn't find me all the way over here. I swear, ask Jim, I spent at least 20 minutes every single night trying to remember where the *&^% I packed my toothbrush, my lotion, my reading glasses (which are of course different from my driving glasses which have nothig whatever to do with my sunglasses). Kristin would be horrified at my lack of organization.

Much as I am glad I drive a "fuel friendly" vehicle at home, I am doubly glad it's an SUV. My fat arse and the little baby Ford Focus diesel we're driving here are not the best of friends.

I do like drving fast though. I did not know this about myself.

1 comment:

Milt said...

Maybe your failing eyesight will make it easier to look at Jim!