Sunday, November 16, 2008

Puzzler Answer

Yous guys are pathetic. Not one guess? OK...so here is the answer but I hesitate to give it to you as that will make you all more lazy and yous wont try for any others...Well here goes: We got a nice bottle of wine for next to nothing. We arrived in our hotel room (which was really a motel rather than a hotel. It was really nice for a motel but thankfully the only one of its kind we will stay in), realizing that while Jackie had the foresight to purchase two wine glasses for us to consume this el cheapo wine, we had no corkscrew, and thus, limited opening options. Being the problem solver type of guy I am, I improvised. First I tried a nail file, which I broke. Next I tried some tweezers (not zircon encrusted tweezers) which I broke. Then, in a fit of panic and subsequent inspiration, I struck upon the perfect tool with which to extricate myself from this wineless existance. Thats right, I utilized Jackie's (not mine, are you nuts?) toothbrush to push the cork into the bottle. I indeed pushed the cork into the bottle, and while trying to clean up the colossal mess made from the volcano effect caused by the cork plunging into the wine, creating increased hydrolic pressure and a limited vent through which the pressure could be, well, vented, thus causing a large squirting action, I accidentally sort of, somewhat dropped the toothbrush into the bottle. There you have it. The whole unadulterated story. Yes, we were able to retrieve the wine from the bottle...every drop of it. No, we did not retrieve the toothbrush as the stiff little bristles prevented it from being regurgitated up the neck of the bottle, as it were. No winners to the puzzler, you losers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're funny! I like the funny stories where you are kinda a dimbulb and we get to read all about it. Keep those comin'! (I haven't had time to read the rest of your stuff ... will get to it when I, well, don't have three children. Gimme a few minutes on that one! ...)